The Governing Board is responsible for governance and is the central administrative body of Paxtonville United Methodist Church. The Board is accountable to helping PUMC execute our mission and vision to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The Governing Board is responsible for strategic visioning, mission alignment, accountability and administration of the church. The board examines these areas through the lens of achieving the mission of the church. Responsibility for execution of actual ministries of the church is performed by the pastor and mission teams overseen by the pastor.
As servant leaders, members of the governing board strive:
- To pray that Paxtonville United Methodist Church is moving in the directions that God wants us to move.
- To pray and support the pastor, congregants, ministries, and outreaches of Paxtonville United Methodist Church, as we strive to help people in our communities know and follow Jesus.
- To help discern what directions God is leading Paxtonville United Methodist Church
- To work with the pastor and other ministry leaders to set goals and objectives that help us move toward where God wants us to be.
- To prayerfully and humbly look after the administrative and governing affairs of the congregation.